Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

B-school apps are so VERY different!

I remember my old M.S. applications..I was so naive back then. I had essays starting with "i used to tinker with electric toys and clocks, hence i decided to become an engineer" type of logic. Its good that my grades were good, and I was accepted..

I think B-school essay process (and the entire application) is much more introspective and really calls out for personality and maturity which can only be gained after working in organizations and taking a few knocks along the way. I think there are very few people who really know what they want in life early on in their life. In a way, B-school is sort of a leveling game, because once you are in, your passion for a particular industry and your focus will carry you through the maze!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why Law Schools don't take the same approach as b-schools. It seems like they would also want to know that the applicant really knows themself and what they want to do...

-Mark

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

i agree.. my old roommate in college was a law student who felt like a complete misfit once he joined Law school.. he used to hang out with architecture and design students!!

3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home