Journey continues..
I was out of blogging action as I was visiting Canada this past week. I really had fun attending a wedding in the family. I also took the oppurtunity to renew my Visa at the US consulate in Toronto. Oh Boy, the guards at the gate were really paranoid..they even reprimanded a couple whose kid had ventured to about 5 feet from their gaurd area. I dont know if they were thinking that the kid may be suicide bomber or something. Anyways, this whole terror alert thing may be causing everyone to be ultra-paranoid.
I also found everyone at the consulate to be extremely rude!! At one point, I got into a small argument when I politely asked the cashier to give me a receipt for the fees I was paying. She said abruptly "Did I tell you that I am finished with you?" I felt like taking her and her attitude to her boss! Why do these people in public offices think that they are doing you a FAVOR by giving you a basic service. If they dont like their job, they should just quit!
Anyways, i caught a funny movie last nite called "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle".. interesting that an Asian and an East Indian are the main protagonists in a popular American movie. The media have never cared for this segment of the population before and had always potrayed them with some amount of stereotypism (if thats a word!). I guess media will (have to) change with times....
Well i got to run and catch my favorite Canadian coffee "Tim Horton's" Aye! See ya all later Aye!

1 Comments:
Welcome back, hadn't seen any posts from you in a while. These rent-a-mob, guards and consulate employees are ALWAYS rude. It is a part of the job description. For some reason they seem to think that they are doing you a huge favor by letting you in the country. And now they have an additional stick to hold over your head, the "heightened terror alert", you try to complain about their behaviour and they will make it out that they were threatened by your actions. It is a lose, lose situation.
10:23 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home