WHARTON RECEPTION
Brief recap from my end. Aregon and I made it to Wharton West campus just in the nick of time (my fault..Completely). After meeting up, Aregon transformed himself into a newyork cabbie for the next half hour..while I clutched on for dear life! :) j/k
Aregon has already put down his thoughts on his blog, and I totally agree with all of his observations. Couple more:
- I saw some people I went to undergrad with, which allayed some of my fears of being too old for an MBA!! I am still in the game..phew! Wharton does attact a slightly more mature crowd, both in terms of additional graduate degrees and work experience.
- Too many alums were working at Genentech..whats up with that?
- I loved the chairs they had at the reception..can I order one for my office?
- Met an alum who assured me that being non-traditional (i.e., Non strategy consulting, I-banking or IT) was actually a plus and that it would help me in defining as well as differentiating myself from the other set of strong applicants.
- Committment to applicants: I may be biased, but I feel Wharton really does a very good job of marketing itself to applicants (through its website, receptions like these, etc). The school really makes itself accessible to everybody, rather than portraying exclusivity and aloof-ness. That is amazing, isnt that what B-school is supposed to be teaching you anyway?
Great reception.. looking forward to seeing the school in person now!

5 Comments:
Thanks for posting. Wish I could have gone too. Can't make it to the L.A. one today either. GMAT this Saturday you know. I'm glad you were able to get that experience. Next time, don't be late (j/k):)
Take care.
1:17 PM
1. It was a mistake both of us made, let us leave it at that. :)
2. The cab driver thing was due to 2 reasons: a. We were running a little late. b. Difficult to drive and keep your eyes on the road, when you are having an animated conversation. :) (Good time though)
3. What was with Genentech? :) Dint want to mention that bit on my blog, but I was surprised as well.
4. Chairs were fabulous! :) I said exactly the same thing to my wife, while giving her a recap. I am sure they cost upwards of 1000$ Each.
2:33 PM
Hi Quantjock, I have been using Blogger's search feature to find blogs about work and life experience degrees and came across your site. I did find your post about this post quite thought provoking. While I was really looking for information on work and life experience degrees, I am glad that I found your blog which has given me some new ideas. Thanks for sharing.
2:36 AM
Hi Quantjock, I have been using Blogger's search feature to find blogs about it bachelor degrees online and came across your site. I did find your post about this post quite thought provoking. While I was really looking for information on it bachelor degrees online, I am glad that I found your blog which has given me some new ideas. Thanks for sharing.
4:03 AM
Hi there Quantjock, I just stumbled on your blog and your post about this post was quite an eye-opener. I have been searching for information on so your post, although not exactly what I was looking for, has given me some food for thought. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
1:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home