Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Best of MBA blogzzzz....

Wow, Clearadmit has pulled one good marketing gimmick. By hosting a contest comprising of 20 bloggers, and announcing the best 10,.. they have effectively managed to self-promote their own business of admissions counseling and essay writing service. Niiiiice!!

I personally did not vote or ask to be voted, because I think if anyone should "PROFIT" from my blog and writing (as bad it may be), it should be "ME". :)-

Interestingly, the 10 top bloggers have been given a "jpeg" image for posting on their blogs. This image links to clear admit site. Hmm....

Well, for the "winners" sake (who all deserve to be Top-10, btw), I ask Clearadmit to give some good prizes or monetary compensation to them. After all, Clearadmit is getting some good marketing mileage out of this...

Note: I have NOT linked Clearadmit's site on this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger EuroMBA said...

however I've linked to Clear Admit rival http://accepted.typepad.com :)

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Sad Monkey said...

yeah, definately a little gimicky...(I didn't vote either) but kudos to them on marketing strategy and getting in there before anyone else does. MBA blogs & ranking I guess it was bound to happen eventually :)

4:38 AM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

I agree about someone else would have done it eventually. But I had an issue with the way it was conducted - after all they are not PCmagazine or Businessweek.

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home