Lasting Leadership
Just started a nice book on lasting leadership - what you can learn from 25 most influential leaders of our times - from Wharton Publishing. The book talks about choices which these leaders made during their career.
I just read the story on Intel's Andy Grove. He has been known to make quite daring and non-conventional choices in his career. The best "choice" he made was to not take up the cushy job from Bell Labs after graduation, and instead took a job with a small semi-conductor company (Fairchild semiconductors) which Gordon Moore was heading. Intel was, of course, born later from these contacts... Hmm, seems like a good lesson to learn ,before we run after the herds in B-school.
The book is almost like a series of mini-cases, so I can pick and choose any story that seems interesting. Even if I dont learn much in terms of "Leadership", the book will surely help me understand the crisises that took place in various F500 companies during the last couple of decades.. and how they were ultimately solved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home