MIT Sloan on-the-road
Sloan is coming into town. I hope to be there and ask a lot of questions about the program. Sloan, in my opinion, is a pretty close-knitted school (370 class like Stanford). A lot of Sloan applicants are self selecting, since the school has a focussed approach. This is partly due to the strong quantitative focus - for e.g., someone interested in a Corporate Finance IB program will think Columbia or Stern; someone thinking about Hedge funds and Quant funds would take Sloan seriously. Similar parallels exists in marketing and strategy as well.
If anyone in the bay ares wants to car-pool with me for the event, that would be great!! Please leave me a message..
Oh, btw ..saw Apprentice yesterday. I find it funny that Ivana (VC from Boston) keeps whipping out her Laptop and starts entering random numbers into a spreadsheet, EVEN before the task has been well thought of. This is one thing, we MBA wanna-be's need to be cognizant of - think bigger.. first startegize, then delegate, and then get into the nitty-gritties. In a way..think of the entire system and then delve deeper into the sub-systems!! [We Engineers are guilty of this as well - we think impementation first rather than strategy]. Ivana: I dont know if you are just an analyst at the VC firm, but you are nothing but a spreadsheet monkey, so go do an MBA first! (Sorry readers, if that sounded harsh... but hey "its not personal.. its just business" :)-

2 Comments:
whoops.. a big whoops!
I think her husband is a 2nd year at Harvard (i may be wrong). Anyways, i still stand by my comment...Hey, it is National TV... if we can make fun of Trump's hairdo, we can definitely make fun of Ivana
1:37 PM
Ivana needs to get FIRED! I think all the girls need to go but little Stacy and Ivana are the ones who seem to screw up the most.
I don't understand Trump. He fires the most promising candidates, First Bradford, then Pamela, and yesterday John.
Did you guys notice Carolyn's face when John was leaving? :) It was hilarious, it was like she had a crush on this guy and was truly sad. And what is with her laugh?
5:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home