Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Application update

Wharton: Finished Online app., Recommenders submitted recos, Sent supplemental materials by FedEx.

Kellogg: Finished App-1, working on App-2 (essays need revisions), Scheduled interview with an alumni (dates not yet finalised).

Stanford: Attended a GSB tour today morning. I was the only from the area - rest were from Boston, Houston and Minnesota. One person was from Tokyo and the other from Israel. Wow..!! Talk about International focus...

The tour was interesting. I knew a lot about the School from before, so wasnt that useful for me. The person giving the tour was a 2nd year who had a cool laid back attitude and a good sense of humor. He did compare the nice facilities at Chicago and said that Stanford is planning to raise funds for a new facility. I thought the facilities were fine: a bit outdated, but fine. The cafeteria Arbuckle is nice, wireless internet, and plenty of lounge spaces (with LCD screens everywhere to notify where the classes are being scheduled..COOL!!)

I asked some questions about the on-campus housing for married students. I heard that for single students, there is a nice facility called Schwab residential center (lots of avenues for partying, socialising and group work). The married folks are in Escondido vollage (sp?), which also houses other graduate students.

Looks like Stanford has dropped to Round 2 for me. I just could not do justice to the application with the dealine for Round 1 looming so close. This has given me some breathing space and for my recommenders as well.


3 Comments:

Blogger aregon23 said...

Congratulations on Wharton! :) One down! Now all you have to do is sit back and wait for the interview. Good luck!

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

actually i hit "submit" today morning..after making some changes to the optional essay (it didnt seem right!!).

One down....As one of my Directors says "on to the next"... KELLOGG!

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

actually my emotion was more of surprise. I was surprised that once i entered my credit card information and hit submit, the entire application was submitted! No "are you sure" type buttons...It was good that I had given everything a last good look...

10:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home