Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Friday, September 24, 2004

End of a responsibility..

6 months..
15 consultants..
3 offices..


The next month is going ot be crazy for me. In addition to submiting all the round-1 apps, I am also working towards the culmination of a BIG project that I was managing - a team of 15 consultants, most of them senior to me, spread over 3 offices. The crunch time is approaching and of course lands right in the middle of my wharton and kellogg deadlines. I think I need to really focus and prioritize my time.

One thing which helped me yesterday was when I was in the elevator of my office. I took a deep breath and "flushed" the MBA apps out of my mind, thereby mentally entering my "work" mode. I need to do this everyday without fail. I need to switch between my work mode and B school apps mode, if I need to do justice to either one of them. The success of this project is very critical for me, so I need to have it as a high priority item.



1 Comments:

Blogger iwhoElse said...

I have been doing this for past 3 months, as my team is spread over 3 continents, so arranging schedules/ deliverables proves to be a TASK.. and sometime I feel like dropping out of the scene altogether, and wish I had a day of 40 Hours for next six months... Keep the faith, we all will make it..

6:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home