Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mathematical art...

My blog gives me a chance to display my so called "mathematical art". For some years, I have been dabbling in this art form, generating cool surfaces and landscapes using simple algorithms on the computer. This particular one, I call "Toss a coin!!", which simulates a series of random walks by tossing a coin and counting the head or tails as a cumulative summation with heads counting as one and tails counting as minus one.

I know,..some people may find this nerdy. However, I find beauty in mathematics. Look around, and nature is full of such beauty!! From the fractals of fern leafs to the string theory, we indeed live in an "elegant universe".



Toss a coin!! Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger iwhoElse said...

Brilliant... marvellous... what else were you expecting in reveiws from peers :)
Jokes apart its a different thing...

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

thanks...! I do like it so far. Lets see how long I keep it up!!

8:06 PM

 
Blogger Quantjock said...

actually MATLAB logo is based on the eigenfunction of the classical wave equation so prevalent in physics!!

6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home