Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

KELLOGG application..

I started my labor day weekend in the right earnest as far as Applications were concerned. On Friday, I finally had a chat with my manager and told him about my B-school plans. Good news: he was very supportive of my move and promised to write glowing recommendations for me. He also promised me that this would have no effect on my current position or upcoming reviews (I am anticipating a promotion this year!). Later, I met with fellow bloggers (Aregon, Riter) and had a lively chat about B-schools, application process, blogging pheonomenon, forums, and Thai food.

Kellogg essay writing has begun and I have some rough drafts completed for K-1 and K-2. I feel like there is some redundancy built into the questions, but maybe I am not READING the questions well. K-3 will need some work as I need to target some salient points regarding my candidacy to the admissions committee.

I also have started work on Kellogg Online App. Part-1. (Britchick, you were incredibly fast on that one!). I have also started work on my resume. These miscelleneous things certainly take long and should be finished between TV-breaks, Lunch breaks and coffee and tea breaks!

I like Kellogg's approach of a 2-stage application. I guess that it is needed, since they interview ALL applicants, and this may be an initial screening process to weed out some exceptionally weak applications. I am thankful that we applicants get a chance to have an interview before other schools send us "invitations" for interviews. We will atleast have one interview under our belt by then (and GOD, i do hope I get a couple of those invitations)

Some more "dates":

  • World MBA tour, San Francisco, September 14th.
  • Kellogg Information session in San Francisco, September 15th:One Sansome St, 37th Floor.
  • I am also organizing a "Happy hour" for the professional group I am associated with on September 16th. Looks like next week will be a busy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home