Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

The art of wallowing

GE's ex-chief Jack Welch writes in "Straight from the Gut", that he used to wallow, in order to sort out a complex situation. Wallowing simply means that you get people together, break down the heirarchies, and let the creative juices flow...

I kind of did the wallowing bit today. Not with a team, but by myself. You know essay writing is a strange thing. You sit on an essay for days, weeks even and you dont like it. You turn it upside down, print it, make it red and yellow with marker pens, and you still dont like it.

And then you wallow....

and BAM...you get the juices flowing. Words start getting structured. Your sentences start resembling the concept you are trying to put across: in a succint way. You are close... close to that perfect essay.

I am happy to report that I finally got my kellogg essay 3 done. It was an essay that had me troubled. "Imagine you are an adcom and write about your file". Maybe, i dont like to brag about my own accomplishments or maybe because I think this essay is kind of redundant..I just could not put a closure to this essay for so long.

Now that its done..I am happy. I saw a bunch of movies... "Day after tomorrow" and "True romance"... and that was the extent of my sunday.





1 Comments:

Blogger Dave for MBA said...

Good work. writers block is a terrible disease.

1:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home