Feet signatures
Some of my MBA applicant-bretheren can understand the panic we go through at office when we are in middle of checking b-week forums, blogs, essays, etc.. and someone walks into the office. Kind of embarrasing... isnt it?
Well, I have (kind-of) devised a system. I have learnt to recognize the person by the sounds of their feet and the way they approach my office. Some of them are:
- Manager: rushed, quick, nervous steps. His office is around the corner..2 doors down. Hard, because I have very little reaction time to press close on the browser. But then, he wrote my reccos...!
- Admin: she is a bit on the heavy side (300 lbs), so kind of drags her feet and moves with slow, sure steps. Easy, no problems.
- Co-worker1: heavy steps. Cool and confident. Easy
- VP: never ventures around my office :) Easy
- Co-worker 2: office opposite to mine. Marches into my office without any sort of announcement. At that point, I just let him see what I have been upto. Somedays, I get annoyed and feel like yelling to him "and what the f*** do you want?". Very very hard.
- Office flora watering lady: slow steps, stopping occasionally with the water cart. Easy.
- Janitor: sharp 6.32 P.M. everyday. Easy
Thats about it!! Come to think of it, not too many people visit my office.. which is good, I guess.

1 Comments:
The door of my office room is closed. Unfortunately for me, I sit in front of the door with my monitor facing the door. Before I realize that the door is open the person can already see that I had a window that I would not like him to see - this happens even though I am quick enough with my mouse on the minimize button.
1:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home