Work and relaxing weekend..
Last week was horrible at work. Some days, I didnt get time even to check my email, let alone blog. But the work was great .. it involved some heavy data crunching and MATLAB stuff, which is something I always enjoy (Btw, I was talking to a Stanford Grad and he was telling me that the I-bankers in his class know all the short-cuts on Excel, so they never use the mouse .. they work on a different time-scale as far as spreadsheets are concerened!!). I am not a very big fan of Excel, it just doesnt cut it for analyzing engineering and scientific data.. MATLAB from mathworks is a much better option. Anyways, I deviate...
Well, my wife was not terribly pleased with my late nighters at the office, so on Friday, we went for a night out in the city to eat at "stinking rose" - a garlic lovers delight. The concept was brilliant, too bad the food was nothing compared to the other gastronomic delights that San Francisco has to offer.
Saturday was my company holiday bash, aboard a WW2 aircraft carrier docked in the bay. It was very exciting venue, and as they say "a good time was had by all".
Strangely, I have not been preparing too much for the upcoming Wharton interview. I have read my application essays, covered the Why ??? questions, Goals, and so on. I am going to do some more reading on the website today, and that will be it. After reading other bloggers interview experiences, I believe that Wharton interviews are meant to be relaxed, tell-me-about-yourself type affairs, and there is no point getting stressed about it.
OK, now i should go take care of my monday morning.....

2 Comments:
It is fascinating that you actually work on MATLAB on a daily basis. I used it exculsively for 2 years at school and loved every bit of it. Upon graduation I was offered a position developing packages for MATLAB and till today I kick my self for not taking it up.
When it comes to Math data crunching nothing beats MATLAB, what packages do you use at work? I used the Fuzzy logic tool box extensively for my research. With just a few forays into the other packages.
Good luck with the Wharton interview, I am sure with your positive attitude you will do well.
11:39 AM
I think I have used almost all the toolboxes.. the one I like the best is the curve-fitting toolbox. It works wonders.. can fit just about anything. Great for turning your data into something that resembles a curve :))
1:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home