Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles
%$$@@$..
I just broke the first rule of Application process.. Read my application after submission. Worse yet, I found an error. It is a big one!
Wharton has a cut and paste system. So I cut and pasted from my essays in Word. I was going through my online essays and saw that one word was missing in a sentence. It is word in the middle of the sentence in the first line of the last paragraph; So I just dont understand how it could have happened. The word "appeals" got cut somewhere... and so my first sentence sounds incomplete. My stomach is getting into knots by this one!! It is very weird...I just dont understand it.. I looked at my original WORD document, and the word was there, so why didnt it paste properly in the online app?
This is a killer.. I mean how can the adcoms look past an incomplete sentence? I had looked very carefully before submitting, but I thought that cut and paste was foolproof..
I think I like the apps where you can upload document files.. it is much cleaner and safer. I know, I am just trying to pacify myself..but I just dont know what else to do! Oh well, I am not going to read my apps after submitting again....

3 Comments:
Don't drive yourself crazy over it. I had various mistakes in all of my apps, including incorrect dates for past work experience, typos in essays, etc. My most error-free app was my last, Kellogg, and it obviously didn't help! An application is a complicated document, and the adcom isn't going to nix you for one missing word. It'll work out!
12:35 PM
Thanks Mark...i think when I put it in perspective it doesnt matter THAT muh, but I am still bummed that THIS could have happened.
12:45 PM
there are many other schools out htere. so what if you don't get into wharton. and you can always reapply next year. stay cool.
7:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home