Sausalito...
Congrats to bloggers who have heard from Wharton - Yogi and BC. Its great news guys! I am still waiting for that elusive email from Wharton (there have been some false alarms, had one today in the form of Wharton Journal). Anyway, some of us fellow bloggers met on Saturday to discuss our startegies for interviewing. It was immensly helpful in my opinion and I think we should do this more often. Thanks to Aregon and Sorebrek for your help.... I think I am in a better shape for the Kellogg interview on the 18th.
Sunday, wife and me took for a breathtaking day at Sausalito. The waterfront had this sculptor/artist who was creating art out of balancing rocks (see photo with the backdrop of SF). His concentration while balancing these rocks in the most creative ways was amazing. More importantly, I was reminded of my freshman Mechanics class, where we learnt the concept of "center of mass" and resultant forces. While, we may use equations to derive these concepts, the artist uses his intuition and skill to balance the rocks. Hey, isnt that what management is all about? You may be able to use sophisticated algorithms to drive decision-making, but at the end, the leader takes decisions based on the gut-feel and his/her experiences.

2 Comments:
thanks swoops. there's still a lot of time left for the invites, i hope one comes your way soon. good luck.
4:59 PM
Check Out about the Artist and More Pictures on [ www.rock-on-rock-on.com ]
1:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home