Changes in delivery models
On my trip to Chicago, I realised that I had not brought any movies with me for my inflight entertainment (I was flying southwest..). On the way back, I decided to try Movielink - an online movie rental website. You pay anywhere from $1.99-$4.99 for a movie rental, download the movie, and then you have upto 24 hours to watch the movie (the time starts when you begin watching the movie). Very cool indeed!! The movie I rented, however, was not. Please avoid Chronicles of Riddick.
This led me to think: Netflix brought us a new concept of renting movie. Movies at the doorstep. Now, online movie rental websites bring in a new delivery model..you dont even need to walk to the postbox!! No wonder companies like Netflix are joining forces with Tivo and others to innovate on new delivery models for movie rentals.
In the same token, will there be a time when all snail mail will be eliminated? I mean, you can order books, music, movies,... online and have them e-delivered. Does this present a huge setback for the Postal system ?

2 Comments:
Technology will definitely provide us the means to do so - but I believe people will still enjoy reading hand written letters, a novel while couched up in bed etc. The postal system will live - so that I can send my presents to my beloved, my parents and my friends ... the e-gifts/e-cards after all are all there in a server - and not for you to cherish for years !
9:35 PM
fleetwood mobile home california
Information => fleetwood mobile home california
6:34 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home