80s metal rocks!!
Thanks for everyone leaving comments on my site. I wanted to post earlier, but was out of town and drove back home last night. The drive was a 6-hour journey from a client site. While driving, my first hour was spent thinking about H essays. I mentally made points while driving, churning and discarding ideas with equal ease. The drive actually concretized a couple of essays for me.. who knew driving is good fodder for essays??
But the mental exercise got me real tired, so looked into my CD-case to find some energizing music. Not really in mood for trance or electronica, I made my way to the back - my old time 80s metal CDs. Very soon, I was headbanging to some of the songs, which while still cheesy, took me back to the time when METAL rocked the world, and somehow everything seemed to be under control.
1. White Lion - Mane attraction
2. GNR - appetite for destruction
3. Scorpions - best of
4. AC/DC - best of
Readers, add your list of CDs which you thought were cool 10-15 years ago, and which would now be considered cheesy... I will have to add Bonjovi (slippery when wet), Poison (?), and Def Leppard (Hysteria).

2 Comments:
NICE. One of the best nights to go out here in San Diego is Wednesday. Metal Shop at Typhoon Saloon in Pacific Beach. It's a great 80's metal cover band, complete with costumes, and of course hair, and they do all of the classics. It ends up being one big drunk sing along.
9:01 AM
wow, that sounds cool WC. Need to check it out the next time I am in San Diego... btw congrats on your double whammy the other day:)-
10:13 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home