long time..no Blog
I have been really busy so far..even no time to pen a few thoughts. Couple of things happened:
1.Moved apartments.. as usual this was no fun.. lots of packing, a horrendous experience with U-Haul and eating out for 3-4 consecutive days!!!
2. I joined a role model program for middle school children. This seems to be great oppurtunity for me to interact with Middle school kids and give them some advise on career and other issues. I need to commit myself for 4-5 classes, wherein i can pick and choose the timings after talking to the teacher. Its a great program without being way overtaxing on my time.
3. I have also been appointed the Director of Professional development for a local chapter of a professional organization in my field. This is yet another great set of people I have met through the local chapter of an engineering society.. mostly younger mebers of the society. I have to plan and strategize the initiatives within the group for Professional development: a key area within the group!!! Should be exciting... but I need to stategize my time first. meanwhile, I have just formulated a 3 pronged strategy for promoting professional development within the group. More on this later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home