Diary of a Wharton/Sloan/Kellogg/Harvard/Stanford hopeful.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

MBA Strategy.. or why MBA?

This is the first in a series of posts, which I hope to write in order to start strategising about my MBA positioning efforts. This is also going to be helpful to me in the long run.

I am an Engineer by training (and by mindset). I believe in the use of quantitative models to justify decision-making. I believe that a leader needs to have a wide variety of skills using which he/she can influence the team positively. I believe that technology can make life better for the world, however we need to balance the karma by living in harmony with nature. I believe that multi-disciplinary approach to problem-solving produces the most optimal results.

I have worked in a wide variety of settings: Research, Engineering Consulting, Risk Management. However, my true passion is to be involved in Product Development. I do not want to wake up in the morning thinking "Oh, here is another day where I get to mooch-off my clients.." or "Oh No, today I have to make deals with those sons-of-b$$$es to get a percent of the deal!".

I wish to work in a medium to large sized F500 company overseeing the product development of an exciting line of product. Apple, 3M, Boeing, Sony, IBM, Intel.. These are my kind of companies, radical and daring. I do not wish to work for companies making soaps or cereals, sorry!! I wish to be closely involved in the marketing strategy, financial strategy and R&D of a upcoming line of products. My long term goal is to get involved in a small to medium sized company where I will be able to bring my big-company experience to the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home